Friday, February 22, 2013

Flash Fiction Fridays, #7


It’s Flash Fiction Fridays again. 


5 words picked by a random word generator, 100 words or fewer story.  We have:  coin, gamble, calm, republic, ballroom. Please send in one of your own, due by midnight, Monday, New York time. Winner gets a critique of the first chapter of their WIP or poem.

     “Vampires in the ballroom, werewolves in the garden. Mama will be angry if I get blood on my new gown!”
     “Calm yourself, my dear. I have bullets from silver coins. The way you’re wailing, you’d think us surrounded by French Republic rabble.”
     “I’ve heard the unnaturals gamble then sow discord to avoid their debts.”
     “That is shocking. Fangs to your left. Mind your hat.”
     “Fur to your right, my lord. I shall dispatch it with my hatpin.”
     “Shall we fight our way to the punchbowl? Slaughtering undead is drying work.”
     “Thirsty...for blood!”
     “Drat. In want of a wife again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment