Friday, February 8, 2013

Flash Fiction Fridays, #5




It’s Flash Fiction Fridays again. 
5 words picked by a random word generator, 100 words or fewer story.  We have: nappy, farm, ink, trap, gamble.  Please send in one of your own, due by midnight, Monday, New York time. Winner gets a critique of the first chapter of their WIP or poem.

      “Did I just fall in a tar pit?”
“It’s an ink trap. Unwary writers wander in and get sucked down by their own verbosity. What genre do you do?”
“Picture books.”
“Makes sense.”
“How can I escape?”
“Hitting the Delete key a lot helps. You can use an eraser in a pinch. Life’s a gamble. Try living every day on a farm with a trigger-happy meat merchant.”
“I see your point. Still drowning here.”
“I’ll throw you an em dash. Well, best of luck with that. It’s nappy time. I’m off to count myself. Baa-bye.”
“-----Bye-----”

No comments:

Post a Comment