Friday, April 5, 2013

Flash Fiction Fridays, #13


5 words picked by a random word generator, 100 words or fewer story.  We have: ravioli, raincoat, rose, second, peace. Please send in one of your own, due by midnight, Monday, New York time. Winner gets a critique of the first chapter of their WIP or poem.


    “Want seconds on peas?”
     “A Separate Peace? I read that. Spells ASP. Creepy. I hate snakes.”
     “Peas. No serpents involved.”
     “Piece of what? I have lasagna. Are you a herpetologist? My dating profile said no scientists.”
      “Never mind.”
     “Don’t get mad at me. The world can’t be all rose-flavored raviolis and unicorns. A guy’s gotta have standards.”
     “Your chair’s on my raincoat.”
     “Brain of goat? For dessert? I said no Satanists either.”
     “I said no poets. Rhyming dictionary’s rotted your mind.”
     “You take what you find, but I’m outta here.”
     My fate-this loser date? Dear God, it’s contagious.




No comments:

Post a Comment