Thursday, January 10, 2013

Flash Fiction Fridays, #1



After enjoying Janet Reid’s flash fiction contest, I’ve decide to give Flash Fiction Fridays a try. 

5 words picked by a random word generator, 100 words or fewer story.  We have:  minute, quarry, cowboy, union, angle. 

Please send in one of your own, due by midnight, Monday, New York time. Winner gets a critique of the first chapter of their WIP or poem.

“Your cowboy minute’s stretched into a week. Ever heard, ‘if the horse is dead, get off it?’”
“When she returns I’ll be right here. Our love is an indissoluble union.”
“That sounds like bad chemistry.”
“What’s your angle? Want her for yourself?”
“Not me. But if you discover she’s getting her rocks off with that huge dude from the quarry, don’t say I didn’t warn you.”
He didn’t like that much. Maybe I earned the fist in my face.
Maybe he didn’t deserve to lose the girl, and four of his teeth, but that’s the way some stories end.

No comments:

Post a Comment